Airport Fire Service Driver Training
Emergency Response Driver Training Ltd is a Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents RoSPA Internationally accredited training body.
Currently we deliver driver and Instructor training to over 34 Airport Fire Services across the UK and Worldwide, our Airside Emergency Response Driver and Instructor Training is Internationally accredited by RoSPA.
Due to the specialist type of vehicles driven by the Airport Fire Service under emergency response conditions a great deal of emphasis is given to vehicle handling characteristics and stability management principles (Anti rollover).
The training is delivered at your location to meet your operational needs.
The Airport Fire Service emergency response driver training courses are accredited by RoSPA and written in-line with:
- Section 19 of the UK Road Safety Act
- The UK High Speed Driver Training (HSDT) codes of practice
- CAP 699
- NFPA 1002
We provide a free on-line study facility which assists the candidate’s pre-course learning and reduces course duration and costs.
- Airport Fire Tender Airside ERDT (Airside only)
- Airport Fire Tender Airside Limited Landside ERDT (Normal road speed landside)
- Airport Fire Tender Airside Landside ERDT (Emergency Response Airside & landside)
- Airport Fire Officer ERDT
- ERDT Driver Refresher Course
- ERDT Driver Re-assessment
- 4×4 & 6×6 Off Road Theory & Practical Training accredited by RoSPA
- Vehicles stability management (Anti roll over training)
- ERDT 1.1 Demonstrate advanced driving skills Airside and Landside
- ERDT 1.2 Prepare and drive vehicles at high speed Airside and Landside
- ERDT 1.3 Drive vehicles at high speed on motorways & multi-lane Carriageways Landside
- ERDT 1.4 Undertake an emergency response using a vehicle Airside and Landside
- ERDT 1.5 Avoid skids when driving an emergency service vehicle
- ERDT 1.6 Prepare and drive vehicles at high speed Responding as a Multiple vehicle mobilisations Airside and Landside
Successful candidates will receive certificates and a driver development portfolio in-line with the UK HSDT driver competency.
The courses are delivered by highly qualified Ex-Fire & Rescue Driving Instructors with many years’ experience.
For information on a specific course, its duration and costs please don’t hesitate to contact us.