Level 3 Award in Patient Care Services: Ambulance Driving (FutureQuals)
Emergency Response Driver Training Ltd (ERDT) FutureQuals Level 3 Award in Patient Care Services: Ambulance Driving provides the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to drive a range of patient care ambulance vehicles safely and commensurate with patient comfort and vehicle empathy.
We provide a free on-line study facility which assists the candidate’s pre-course learning and reduces course duration and costs.
Pre-Course Requirements: Full Cat C1 Driving Licence 18+ if you wish to use our vehicle.
- FutureQuals registration and certification
- On-line study facility with access to all theoretical lecture packs
- Study packs will be provided for the course: The Roadcraft manual, The DTAG Ambulance Driving manual and the Highway Code.
Level 3 Award in Patient Care Service: Ambulance Driving (FAQ)
- Carry out a pre-shift vehicle daily inspection and pre-driving checks
- Comply with current legislation and driving regulations at all times
- Drive a range of vehicles defensively
- Use vehicles braking systems & steering systems
- Safely negotiate bends
- Use vehicles’ transmission systems during ambulance driving
- Vary the speed of the vehicle
- Use procedures for dual carriageways & motorways
- Reverse and manoeuvre an ambulance vehicle safely
- Understand the use and effects of vehicle safety systems
- Overtake other vehicles during ambulance driving
- Understand the effects of adverse conditions on driving
- Manage hostility whilst driving and to navigate during ambulance driving
- Drive an ambulance vehicle during hours of darkness
The Total Qualification Time (TQT) for this qualification is: 60
Guided Learning (GL) for this qualification is: 33 hours (5 days including a night drive)
Successful candidates will receive a L3 Award in Patient Care Service: Ambulance Driving (FAQ) This qualification is recognised by all NHS trusts and Private Ambulance Services.
Your Location: Across the UK at your location using your facilities which must include a suitable classroom with a digital projector or TV and secure parking at your cost.
Our Location: At our location near York using your facilities which include a suitable classroom with a digital projector or TV and vehicle manoeuvring area at our cost.
Accommodation our location: We can provide accommodation in individual lodges from £50 per night B&B or £60 DBB subject to availability.
For information on a specific course, its duration and costs please don’t hesitate to contact us