UK Airport Fire Service Driver Training
Airport Fire Service Driver Training
Emergency Response Driver Training Ltd (ERDT) is the only Royal Society for The Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Internationally accredited training provider that can offer a range of Airport Fire Service (AFS) Emergency Response Driving (ERD) driver and train the trainer courses accredited by RoSPA and written in-line with the High-Speed Driver Training codes of practice, CAP 699 AFF2 and NFPA 1002.
ERDT currently deliver training to over 40 Airport Fire Service, we have the experience to deliver training to low category Airports, Military Airports and have trained Airports across the UK and Worldwide including Kuala Lumpur, New Zealand, Dubai and Singapore Changi International Airport.
We have the experience to deliver training to low category Airports, Military Airports and have trained some of the largest Airports in the world including Dubai International and Singapore Changi International.
News Flash: “Between 2016 & 2018 there has been 14 Airport Fire Service vehicle rollovers and crashes at 14 Airports Worldwide”
Courses are based on individual competencies and will ensure the driver has the knowledge, understanding and skill required to driver an Airport Fire Service (AFS) vehicle safely taking into consideration vehicle stability management (anti rollover) techniques while driving under emergency response conditions.
- Major Foam Vehicle (MFV) Emergency Response Driving (ERD)
- Fire Appliance Emergency Response Driving (ERD)
- 4×4 Airport Fire Officer ERD
- Specialist Vehicle ERD (C1 RIV/RRV, High Reach, Major Incident Units)
- Refresher and Re-Assessment Course
- 4×4 & 6×6 Off-Road Training
AFS MFV ERD Train the Trainer
5 Day AFS MFV ERD train the trainer course (must have completed an AFS MFV ERD driving course)
Key Benefits Include:
- RoSPA Internationally accredited training at your location to meet your needs
- Major Foam tender vehicle stability management (anti rollover) training
- Airside hazard awareness and anticipation training
- Tactical use of emergency lights & sirens and tactical positioning training
- Safer and more progressive response times to incidents
- AFS ERD 1.1 Demonstrate advanced driving skills Airside and Landside
- AFS ERD 1.2 Avoid skids when driving an emergency vehicle
- AFS ERD 1.3 Drive vehicles at high speed
- AFS ERD 1.4 Drive a vehicle in response to an emergency
- AFS ERD 1.5 Multi vehicle response to an emergency
- AFS ERD 1.6 CAP 699 AFF2 Site & position Fire Service vehicles at
Training can be delivered 7 days a week at your location.
Successful candidates will receive certificates and a driver development portfolio.
The courses are delivered by highly qualified Ex-Emergency Services Driving Instructors with many years’ experience.
For more information on a specific course, its duration and costs or to book a course please email: email@example.com