UK Blue Light Driver Training
Blue Light Driver Training
Emergency Response Driver Training Ltd (ERDT) is the only Royal Society for The Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) accredited training provider that can offer a range of Emergency Response Driving (ERD) driving courses accredited by RoSPA and written in-line with the High-Speed Driver Training (HSDT) codes of practice and Section 19 of the Road Safety Act.
ERDT currently delivers training to over 80 Emergency Services across the UK and Worldwide at their location to meet their needs, we have delivered blue light driver training to seven Mountain Rescue teams and several other similar organisations.
If your service or organisation holds the relevant legal exemptions to allow you to drive under emergency response conditions or to drive using Blue lights and Sirens only, we can provide or formulate a course that meets your operational needs.
Courses are based on individual competencies as per the High-Speed Driver Training (HSDT) codes of practice, the training will ensure the driver has the knowledge, understanding and skill required to driver a vehicle safely using blue lights and sirens.
Light vehicle Car / 4×4 / Rapid Response vehicle (BL)
Specialist Vehicle Incident Command Van / Cat C1 or C truck (BL)
EOD Response Driver (BL)
Refresher and Re-Assessment Course
Key Benefits Include
- RoSPA accredited training at your location to meet your needs
- Training in-line with Section 19 of the UK Road Safety Act
- Training in-line with High Speed Driver Training (HSDT) codes of practice
- Tactical use of emergency lights & sirens and tactical positioning training
- Safer and more progressive response times to incidents
- ERD (BL) 1.1 Demonstrate advanced driving skills
- ERD (BL) 1.2 Avoid skids when driving an emergency service vehicle
- ERD (BL) 1.3 Drive a vehicle in response to an emergency (blue lights & sirens only)
- ERD (BL) 1.4 Multi vehicle response to an emergency (blue lights & sirens only)
- ERD (BL) 1.5 Specialist vehicle emergency response driving (blue lights & sirens only)
Training can be delivered 7 days a week at your location.
Successful candidates will receive certificates and a driver development portfolio in-line with the UK HSDT driver competency.
The courses are delivered by highly qualified Ex-Emergency Services Driving Instructors with many years’ experience.
For more information on a specific course, its duration and costs or to book a course please email: email@example.com